BIO Aceto balsamico
di modena dark
- from 100 % certified organic agriculture
- made from freshly pressed grape juice
- with mild acidity
- stored and aged in oak barrels
- ideal for the Mediterranean cuisine
from 915 ratings
Aceto Balsamico di Modena from Italy
An intense, dark brown colour, a balanced taste between acidity and sweetness, a mild, vingear-like fragrance - these are the characterisitics that best describe our Aceto Balsamico di Modena.
It is the result of a centuries-old vinegar tradition. Only grapes from the varieties Albana, Ancellotta, Fortana, Lambrusco, Montuni, Sangiovese and Trebbiani may be used.
Strict production rules
Our Aceto Balsamico di Modena originates from family-run vinegar manufactories in the region. Our supplier, Consorzio Filiera Aceto Balsamico di Modena, makes sure that the producers abide by the strict rules of authentic Aceto Balsamico di Modena production:
- Grapes of the abovementioned varieties are reduced to a thick grape must.
- At least 10 % wine vinegar and a at least 10-years-old vinegar are added to the must.
- After the first stage of fermentation, the vinegar ages in barrels (made from oak, chestnut, mulberry, sessile oak, juniper) that give a special aroma to the Aceto Balsamico di Modena.
- The acidification and the refinement, for example the addition of selected vinegar bacteria, take place in the barrels as well. The vinegar ages for at least 60 days. If the vinegar is a "tradizionale", the aging period takes at least 12 years before being filtered.
- After the filtering, the producers check if aroma, taste, colour and ingredients fulfill the strict criteria of an Aceto Balsamico di Modena.
- Only if all requirements are met, the vinegar can be bottled and traded.
A true Aceto Balsamico di Modena contains a maximum of 1.5 % alcohol and has an acidity of at least 6 %. The only admitted additive is caramel (max. 2 % vol.) that acts as a natural colourant.
Barrels from precious woods lead to the special taste of the Italian classic.
Aceto Balsamico di Modena – one vinegar, endless possibilities
Balsamic vinegar tradition goes back as far the Gaul campaign by Julius Ceasar, where it was used as desinfecting medicine for stomach and intestines. Today, it has established as culinary delicacy with versatile usage.
For instance, balsamic vinegar pairs perfectly with long aged hard cheese. Simply drizzle a few drops of Aceto Balsamico di Modena on the cheese and enjoy the combination of mild vinegar with the intense cheese aroma. It also refines meat or fish dishes if you spray a small amount of Aceto Balsamico di Modena on the dish right before serving. Naturally, it is perfect for raw vegetables or Italian antipasti too. Moreover, balsamic vinegar can add a special twist to desserts.
Average energy and nutrient content for 100 g
Please enjoy our products as part of a diverse and balanced nutrition.
As a product of nature the composition of the oil can vary, the given specifications are therefore average values.
IngredientsRed wine vinegar*, grape concentrate*